I have been obsessed with some of the really simple breakfast cookie recipes floating around the internet.
First I came across these two ingredient cookies from The Burlap Bag in banana, and pumpkin.
Then I saw Chocolate Covered Katie had these cookies that use banana or applesauce, (I love using a bit of both) and adds some peanut butter.
I love how simple these are to make, and super easy to customize. Here is the basic outline of a recipe for you to start with:
- 1/2 cup quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 cup fruit puree (banana, applesauce, etc.)
- optional: 1-3 T. fat substitute (nut butter, flax, avocado)
- optional: 1-3 T. add ins (dried fruit, chocolate chips, nuts or seeds)
- optional: spices or flavoring (cinnamon, vanilla extract, pinch salt)
Make sure to either grease or line your baking sheet.
Make the cookies the shape you want them. (They won’t flatten out like traditional cookies.)
Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes (longer for a crispier cookie.)